Cannabis oil THC or scientifically referred to as Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, greatly suffered in terms of the image since it was discovered in 1964. Known for triggering a “high,” the public is struggling to concentrate on its psychotropic effects.
New cannabis users are often surprised to know that THC is more than just a compound with recreational value. As a matter of fact, it’s responsible for aiding most medical cannabis users with varying medical conditions while offering a wealth of valuable medical information to scientists for many years.
THC is one of many identified cannabinoids, a class of special organic compounds, found within the cannabis plant. It’s considered to be the most active aside from CBD in terms of research and medical significance. While CBD is the present compound of choice for people seeking medical treatment, THC is still a medical cannabis giant.
Here are some known medical benefits found in THC, based on recent research studies:
- A group of Israeli researchers found that THC can lead to a remission of Crohn’s disease
- THC is said to be helpful in treating PTSD symptoms
- THC has gained success in certain phobia treatments
- A Netherlands study indicates how THC can relieve depression
- A study indicates how THC is effective in the treatment of eating disorders
- THC helps fight off obesity while curbing diabetes
- THC aids in preventing heart attacks
- THC naturally encourages neuroplasticity (brain development and regeneration over time)
- THC is effective in treating Parkinson’s disease
- Low THC doses give protection from neurodegenerative diseases
- THC halts AIDS progression
- Spanish researchers believe that THC could delay vision loss and degeneration of the retina
- THC minimizes sleep apnea symptoms
- THC is said to have gastro-protection characteristics and could minimize gastric inflammation triggered by NSAIDs.
- THC has significant therapeutic properties
THC is perfectly ideal for:
- Nerve and long term pain relief
- Treating vomiting and nausea
- Triggering appetite
- Battling inflammation
- Treating insomnia
- Reducing or eradicating tumors
Take note, that cannabis oil THC or CBD isn’t effective as a standalone agent. Research indicates that CBD relates to THC in a synergistic manner by enhancing THC function and downplaying its psychoactive effects. Furthermore, cannabinoids are enhanced by other cannabis plant components, like terpenes, to create an “entourage effect.”
THC in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Ironically, while restricting cannabis has been observed as a result of THC and the fear it creates socially and physically, pharmaceutical manufacturers are reaping its health benefits in the background thanks to the approval of the U.S. government.
Synthetic THC versions have also cropped up in the form of prescription drugs. An example of that is Marinol. Since its introduction in 1985, Marinol was initially carried out for the treatment of vomiting and nausea in cancer patients as well as stimulating hunger in AIDS patients. It was also used as an analgesic to minimize neuropathic pain for individuals with multiple sclerosis.
Sativex, an oral spray launched in the UK market several years ago, is presently being fast-tracked for approval by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for treating pain in cancer sufferers. When it does make itself available, it will be the first cannabis prescription in the globe to possess both CBD and cannabis oil THC.